a good samaritan

it was 3.15pm. The uncle's car hasn't arrived. He probably thought that my class would be ending at 5pm. I looked around trying to find anyone who could lend me his/her handphone but all my friends were long gone.
I fumbled through my pencil case and miraculously found 20 sens. Nevertheless, it was useless in the end because even the public phone failed me. *sigh*
So, i came up with a few options. I could either walk to my dad's clinic and wait till he finìshes work at 5.30pm OR i could just walk to the library and make a call to... The uncle? I don't have his number. Rhu yie! I could contact her and she could help me to contact the uncle and..
Well, finally i decided that it was all too troublesome so i just chose the last option---- walk home.

The last time i walked to and fro between my house and school was probably last year. I remember how i used to walk under the hot sun, sweating for 15 minutes, dreading it. Especially when 3.30pm was the time for me to take a nap.
I always felt sleepy during this time of the day. Anyway the weather was kind of good, so despite feeling sticky and hot, i tried to enjoy the walk.

After walking for 10 minutes when i was already halfway, suddenly, i heard horning sounds of a car coming from the other side of the road. Then i looked up and saw them.
She gestured for me to go in front. And he waved to me. I got the message and wanted to signal them that it's okay. However they just continued to gave instructions to me till the light turned green. So, I walked across the road after i saw the car stopped beside the road. He met me in the middle of the road and offered me a lift home. Full of gratitude, all i could say was 'thank you so much paventhan' he didn't reply and then opened the car door for me wheareas his mum like usual, smiled but said nothing.


This reminded me of how some came telling me that they had seen me walking on the road sometimes. However, only a few stopped.

Just like the story told by jesus in the bible. Some people are better off but they claim to be too busy to give a hand or expect someone else to do the job of helping. In the end, the good samaritan is the one who helps u.

Today, i met a good samaritan =)

Thanks pav!

Comments

Popular Posts