Inspired

A good friend is one who inspires you to be better. You can have many friends, but not all inspire you.

I'm really thankful that I have people in my life who are inspiring. I have witnessed them sacrificing for others out of love. When I see them giving their whole lives, I draw a deep breath and tell myself that what I'm doing, or what I've done, is really nothing much.

I have learnt so much from those people. Some taught me to be gentle, some taught me to be generous, some taught me to be patient and some taught me to sacrifice. They all taught me to love in different ways but all pointed to the radical love of God.

I really want to be a good friend and I really want to do things for people. I have always wanted to show them love and show them that there's a God who loves them more than I do. However, sometimes I don't know where my boundaries lie.

My dad told me that he knows me well. He said that I would help anyone, put them first without thinking about myself. He's actually really worried that I will get cheated or hurt. "You cannot help everyone, there are boundaries so that you can guard you heart,"he said. I kept quiet and thought about it. He's right.

Sometimes I really don't know which decision to make. However, I just want to trust God to lead me to make the right decision. I'm not on my own, I have my two fathers who love me more than I know.

Comments

Popular Posts