Drenched.. not with sweat =)

The thunders roared and the sky was cloudy, he titled his head upwards saying, "It might rain anytime soon, so we better have a quick jog and go back early, okay?" I also looked heavenwards and nodded my head. "But it'll be fun to run in the rain, right?" I exclaimed, grinning. He pointed at my mp3 player that my brother gave to me, "I'm worried about damaging THAT." "Oh...Yah." I stared at it for a while. "Maybe it'll be okay even if a little water gets into it?" I added hopefully. He gave no comments and I just stuck the earphones into my ears, thinking about where to keep my mp3 player if it really rains...

Wei Herng kept saying that it looked like it was going to rain today. I asked him at 2pm if he wanted to go jogging and he jokingly asked if I was really going to jog this time. I insisted that I was really up to exercise this time but he said that he must look at the sky in the evening. I asked again at 3pm but he said that it was still too early. By 5.30pm, I was tired of reading my novel and I told myself that no matter what, i'll jog today! The sky looked sunny.... or should I say, one part of the sky looked sunny.. Still, it didn't look THAT bad, at least I can still see the sunny side? no? yes? Anyway, I didn't think too much and just wore my sport shoes and ran out of the house while I clumsily sent a message to my dad to inform him.

The jogging track looked strangely empty, maybe everyone was like Wei Herng, predicting that it will rain today. After completing half the track, I decided to slow down and walk instead. Then I suddenly heard this familiar and loud rumbling sound. "UH OH." I thought. "It's coming... from behind" I turned around and saw this approaching sheet of rain, accompanied with scary sound effects, coming in my direction. "wow" that's all I was thinking at that moment. After I came to my senses, I started running, and laughing. =.= (I know, I was too excited, it's my first time running in the rain!!! lol) I was drenched in no time. In fact, I was hesitating if I wanted to remove my earphones after running for about 5 minutes. I finally did. Firstly because I couldn't hear any music, thanks to the deafening rain. Secondly, it was because I was afraid that I will get an electric shock or something, though i highly doubted that it would happen. Still, I don't want to take a risk and burn my ears right? o.O Come to think of it, I wasn't really concern about my earphones getting damaged. lol.

Slowly, a small shade came to view so I run towards it. A malay uncle welcomed me to join the group as I walked in with a chuckle. The uncle was really friendly and talked to me a bit. I waited for the rain to  subside a little and decided that I should pray! Jesus prayed for the storm to stop, and the storm stopped! So I did, and the rain instantly got heavier. I sighed and continue talking to the uncle for a few seconds, then I suddenly realized that the rain has turned to a drizzle. Hence, I quickly bid the uncle and the group goodbye to carry on running. True enough, the rain was just a light shower as I ran all the way back. Eventually, I stopped at the guard house and rang my dad up to bring me home.

wow. I just ran in the rain today. =D

Thank you Lord for taking care of the weather and me. =)

Comments

Popular Posts