my dream piano

One hand holding Starbucks, another holding my file and blazer, i walked down the street in my black pumps, feeling my feet ache in every area. I trotted up to a shopping complex as the weather got warmer and instantly stopped outside a piano shop. 'Steinway' i mouthed the words, then stared through the glass. A man just finished a piece and ended the song with a beautiful touch. Everyone in the shop applauded, he smiled and gracefully stood up from his seat, subsequently showed the customers other pianos. I did not intend to enter the shop at first (because it was too high classed) but i instinctively push the glass door forward to enter. I gently brushed my fingers across the grand pianos as i weaved in and out between them. The man seemed to notice and walked towards me. He asked,'are you buying a piano?'. I was stunned for a while but decided to just answer him honestly, 'i'm just looking'. Surprisingly, he happily led me to a grand piano and asked if i wanted to try playing it. I quickly nodded and there i was, sitting in front of a grand piano that probably cost more than my house. I carefully placed my hands on the piano, then i started playing a song in g major, my typical style of music. The piano sounded great, i never heard such clarity and richness to a piano. Tell me about it, i fell in love with steinway right away. I didn't realize that everyone stopped what they were doing and listened to me. When I finished, they clapped and started asking me questions. I was startled but i was happy too because the man then allowed me to play any piano i wanted to try. After trying out 3 grands, I felt bad for not buying anything. So, I left my contacts and told them that I will buy a piano after a few years, which i told myself, steinway it is, when i earn enough money.

But if not, i will remember that moment, when i had the chance to play the awesome grand piano. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts