the tribute

The title looked intriguing. I clicked the link and the first thing that caught my attention was the photo taken in my house. I smiled.

I actually didn't realize that the friend he was referring to was me until i read the part where he wrote about meeting me and... (i'm still gonna kill you for writing it so misleadingly)

I was in physics class. I peaked into my bag and started reading the rest of the blogpost on my phone while Mr Ala continued talking about magnetic flux. His voice slowly faded from my ears as i read on...

Every word, every sentence showed how much he cared about our friendship, it meant so much to me.
Truly, i was touched. 11 years of honesty with each other and the bond is still strong :) things have never been awkward between us, we blurted out everything when we had disagreements, we weren't afraid to reveal or talk about each other's weaknesses. In fact, i don't think we can even hide anything from each other. Although there were many things i have chosen not to say, i knew they knew. They have always known.

I do not deserve the honour he has given to me, the sincere compliments he has showered on me, but i know that i am truly truly grateful towards Ernie who has seen a lot more in me than just the girl who talks and laughs loudly in class. I'm not as good as what he thinks, but thank him. At least i know that, when i'm still trying my best everyday, my effort has not gone to waste. It is a pleasure and privilege to know that my nagging/advice/grandmother's stories/scolding/words of encouragement (whatever u call it :P ) have impacted them in any way.

The tribute he has given to me, i give the honour to God. Any good that's in me, comes from Him. :)

This post is not specially for u.
It's because i will definitely take time to write a better one about u :)

But i want to say thank you.

I don't know what do to either if we have never been best friends :)





Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

  1. I saw his post, was planning to tell you on FB. But then I decided to check on your blog first. Whoo! You've something for him too! So sweeeet :P
    Sorry for being a 'stalker' again. ha ha

    love,
    Smaine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts