heart of a princess

I'm in the middle of a women conference, the noises of the surrounding, the chattering of women, the voice that is asking for attention.. They all slowly fade out as my mind drifts towards the words i saw on the card just now. The verse floats in my mind, 'she smiles at the future..' proverbs 31:25. I suddenly recall a book that a precious friend gave to me on my 18th birthday. I never knew how and why in the world he chose that book but i fell in love with the book the moment i saw it. I still remember how it came in a brown box, with my name written on top of the slip of paper. My heart throbbed with excitement even as I slowly opened it. I have never expected my friends to trouble themselves to get me gifts but receiving that gift must have been the best part of my 18th birthday. This is only so because the book was a seed of love, hope and faith itself. The book had been a companion and counsellor as i went through the days in college. I marvelled at the wonder of being God's princess every time a sentence was read and a page was turned. I finally understood what being a princess meant, i also finally realize that a princess's dream is not that ridiculous after all. However, the happy ending doesn't just happen there and then. How quickly i have forgotten, how easily i have lost my heart in a not-so-fairytale-world when i was not aware.

I have let unpleasant consequences take over the things i had believed in. In disappointment that my life was not a fairytale, i stopped hoping in myself. Not that i have been acting any differently, but i had lost passion to be the princess God made me to be.

So, this is a note of reminder to myself and the princesses out there.

Princess,
Keep your head up high, but don't let your nose be the peak
Guard your heart, but don't stop loving unconditionally
Cry when you want to, but remember to wipe them away after that
Sing and dance when there's music, but do it for the Lord
Remember that you a princess, but the king is not yourself.
There are times when we feel weak, but we are made tough by His strength
They might not accept you, but God will always love you no matter what
They might say that you are not good enough, but you don't have to be the best to be a princess

Lastly,
Don't ever forget to keep your princess heart.

They might laugh, but they can never be another you :)

I'm on my way home now. The soft music in the car and the conversation that is going on in front fade out as my mind drifts to a different tomorrow.

I shall hope. :)






Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular Posts