Gifted

i was looking for the card reader when i opened the drawer and saw the shiny gold medal lying on a pile of papers. flipping the front of it to the palm of my hand, i read.

"4x400 METER P1"

i smiled as i thought of those days, running on the field under the hot sun. i missed the feeling of racing for the medal. i remember getting bronze and silver medals but gold was a rare case. somehow, there would always be someone faster than me. somehow, there would always be someone better than me.

a few years ago, i wouldn't have thought of getting any medals at all, i wouldn't have thought of appearing as the top at all. gazing at the medal which felt surreal in my very own hands, I'm reminded of the results i got last week, another gift, like that medal. over the years, I've received so many gifts that just came like surprises from heaven. =) indeed, I've achieve more than what I'd expected, let it be academics wise, sports or anything else.
many people asked how i felt after getting my results. i was really happy and satisfied. =) what's there not to be happy about? but what's there to be proud about? I'm thankful that God has blessed me with good results but if not for Him, i would never be able to do it. so right here right now, i want to give all glory to God. For my achievements are not of my own.

some also asked about my absence when our spm results were out. no photos on the newspaper, no personal interview, it seemed like i missed out a lot. Anyhow, those publicity didn't really matter, i don't want people to know more about myself, i just want them to know how good my God is =)

the best part of my results? it must be making my parents proud =) Knowing that they were very happy for me and being able to help my dad save up a pretty big sum of money for my pre-U course, it was a greater joy than getting perfect results =D

praise God for everything.

Everything I'm able to do, is a gift from Him.

...for we worship the giver but not the gifts.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts