the final moment

sorry for this very late post! i just managed to dig out some time right now to sit and write.

i know i just left perlis and came to KL. it's only 6 hours away, not very far. i'm just going for a year and a half, not very long. But i kept moaning about how much i'm gonna miss it back in perlis.


that's probably why some people wonder about the reason for the big fuss.

and some people, who moans more than me about me leaving =)


thursday night was a night to remember.
out of expectation, the youths in church prepared a surprise for me. and this surprise is no normal stuff we do like throwing eggs and flour, but it was fun and tiring =D

while i was taking photos of some random people, serene appeared before me out of the blue =P
explaining that they prepared a treasure hunt for me, i was give a clue which lead to other clues..and eventually i'll find the "treasure", which is a present they had prepared for me.


so my 1st clue was a picture of a fish pond, which meant that i had to go to the fish pond to find the task. the 1st task was to spin 10 rounds around the umbrella with my head on it, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. all the other church members were there =/ at 1st i was reluctant, but yeah, it was a game, so i must play it =P as what i've expected, i spun and spun and spun and fell down, which was super funny =D anyway, i got my 2nd clue!


the 2nd clue led me to the grand piano. i was supposed to play and sing a song. =(
what to do? i don't mind playing, but i can't sing because i honestly do not remember any lyrics. (hellO? a bad lyrics memorizer here =O) but thanks to alvin who sang while i played =D


but then i still needed to sing, so serene played the piano and i sang. hehe. i sang the song "adore" by hillsong mainly because that's the only song where there were lyrics provided. =P 


3rd clue was the computer! so i went to the computer and saw some weird gorila photo =.= okay, so what should i do with the photo. then serene came dashing in and at the sight of the weird gorila, she asked, "what's that???" okay, so it's not the clue. i found a paper behind the computer and i have to play pictionary! =D so serene whispered into my ear alvin's name, then i started drawing some random person with spiky hair. sze lan was my partner so she started guessing, "boy? man? singer?" =P
of course, she managed to guess that it's alvin after that. or not i might have to draw the whole bollywood dance thingy.  haha!

sorry for the very ugly drawing! =P

 next, the 4th clue led me to the kitchen, and yeah,. you guessed it right, it had something to do with weird drinks that i was forced to drink. don't remind me of that, but it had chily sauce in it! =( anyone who knows me well know well enough that i hate chilly sauce or tomato sauce, so i decided to choose another option, which was to finish like 1 litre of water at one go. i gave up after i drank half of it because if i kept drinking, i might just explode on the spot! NOT KIDDING! then i drank like a mouthful of the weird drink =O felt like vomiting after that. =P


yay! 5th clue. very close to the treasure right now! okay, so i was told to camwhore with pebbles and shiro while they're in the cage. tell me about it, it was like super hard??? especially when you're using a super heavy dslr which weighs about... ummmm... 3kg??? but i managed to take a photo with pebbles! =D yay!! so they let me pass. =P

now.. it's the last clue! FINALLY!!!!! i looked at the paper and it showed a drawing of a bed.
instinctively, i ran to my bedroom. the 1st thing i saw when i opened the door was the scrap book on the bed. =)


my first kindergarden book


 it was indeed a treasure. every page i flipped overwhelmed me with gratitude and happiness =)

everything little thing they wrote in the book meant so much to me.

i love the bible verses they wrote down on every page, those would definitely lift my spirit up when im in my lowest moments.


that's why tears started flowing from my eyes though i seriously didnt want to cry.


these are my awesome friends from church. =)
i love them all.
and now, i miss them a lot too


thank you so much guys =)
you guys have made that night so memorable. 
 guess what? my photo album is with me in my room =D
no matter how many times i look at it, i will never get tired of it.

c for chris =)


i'll take good care of myself. so guys, don't worry about me. =)
God bless you all



love, chris


here's a post of the farewell night written by sze lan =)
just in case i missed out any details

Comments

Popular Posts