a million ways to love




If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

This chapter of love is the chapter i love the most in the whole bible. I could recite it a hundred times and it never fails to take my breath away every time. Because of this chapter, i also learn how to love people around me

so many times, we follow the way of the world to love, which is "if you love me, i love you; if you don't love me, i don't love you" don't misunderstand, this love is not only "boyfriend girlfriend love", or that's how people claim it so. It is also love towards friends, family and or even strangers around us.
It's not love if we keep thinking of our own selves, it's not love if we are too selfish to sacrifice for people, it's not love if we tell lies all the time, it's not love if we don't learn to trust people, more importantly, it's not love if we can never let go of grudges and learn to forgive.

It's not easy to love, but it's easy to be loved. True love as stated in the bible can stand storms, rushing waves, pouring rain and still shine like the midday sun, giving warmth to the people we love. True love do not disappear into thin air just because people break our hearts sometimes. It stands strong even when doubted, love never fails.
Most of us never knew, where did love come from? where did this feeling first start among people? It's from God. Because He first loved us, we know what is love. His love is demonstrated through sacrificing His only son, Jesus. His love is shown when He forgives all our sins. His love is seen when He lifts us up every time we fall. Wherever i am, he is always waiting for me to tell him all my problems and to lean on Him. No greater love than this, but i want to learn to love like Him.

if you ask me what i can't live without, it's love

Comments

Popular Posts