Thoughts.

For the past few days, I have been very much awake most of the time. Even when I was sleeping, my thoughts never seemed to drift away. I'm not worried or paranoid about anything, however I've been considering how short life is lately. I've been thinking about the lives lost, the lives around me and the life I'm living. I wonder if my life will just fly pass me before I know it, I wonder if I will regret deeply for not living to the fullest. 

All these thoughts reminded me to stop taking time for granted. I have always thought that the right time will come when I can share about my faith. However, what if I keep waiting and that day never comes? What if I can never see that person again? 

I really want to tell people that God loves them so much and they can also receive this wonderful gift that I have received. When Jesus was crucified on the cross, those who believe in Him and ask for forgiveness will be forgiven and made pure. 

It does not make sense, does it?

What about people who sin more than I do?

When I was growing up, I used to think that we need to do good to be saved and to be loved by God. Nevertheless, the bible says that good works don't save us! No matter how much good we have in us, we have done so many wrong things and those sins have stained our lives forever. Sin is still sin, even if you sin less than some people, you still sin. =(

So, God had a better plan since He knew that we cannot escape from sin. He sent his son, Jesus to die on the cross to pay for our sins. Because Jesus was pure and took our place, we are made blameless and can reconcile with God.

He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins - Ephesians 1:7

This is the reason why God's love is so radical, He gives us what we do not deserve. Like how our parents still love us even when we say hurtful things to them. Well, God's love is even greater, He even sacrificed Jesus Christ, His son for us. By God's grace, we are saved =)

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. -Ephesians 2:9

Truly, my life has never been the same, I've never experienced a love greater or a life more satisfying. My good works do not save me, but I'm saved for good works! =D God's grace and forgiveness do not give me a license to sin, but it makes me want to depend on Him more and think less about my selfish desires.

I really hope that those I love will get to know God's love like I do. Although I know that not everything I hope for will come to pass, I know that God can make the seemingly impossible, possible.

I just know that I can continue to hope, pray and show God's love. =)






But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 

Ephesians 2:4-8 


You love me anyway- sidewalk prophets

awesome song!





Comments

Popular Posts