contented no?

I eyed the number plate of the taxi and compared it to the number on my phone. Realizing that it matched, i quickly walked towards it and got into it with a soft 'sorry'. The Chinese taxi driver asked in cantonese whether i received the message, i replied yes hoping that he wouldn't start talking to me in cantonese. Well, having limited vocabulary and inaccurate intonation, i don't want to embarrass myself. Surprisingly, he just played some Chinese oldies on his stereo and was quite quiet.. Until someone called. Then he started talking loudly about something which i don't remember now for i was trying very hard to sleep in the car. I do remember thinking whether his set of teeth was complete though. he tend to mumble some words, and daddy told me that old people's bones will disintegrate slowly, that's why their teeth fall off, and start mumbling. No offense! Just stating some facts here. I felt my stomach stir. 'Augh, must be that soya bean drink. ' I thought. The trip back to sunway became very nauseating, i tried very hard to ignore the carsick feeling i had again. Almost reaching, i told the uncle in mandarin to drop me at the side gate. He seems very appalled and claimed in mandarin 'oh so u are a Chinese? I thought u were a malay!' yeah, i was dumbstrucked too. I didnt realize that i was that dark. He further asked what i have been doing until i got myself so tanned. I told him i have always been dark, thinking about how i only stayed in college lately and how my whitening facial wash had no effect. Then, he started talking about getting study loans from the government after he found out that i was a college student. Strangely, he kept persuading me to get a study loan, he chuckled saying, 'get a big sum of study loan! Then don't come back from overseas, don't need to return the money!' i cleared my throat and squeaked,'have to return if we borrow lahh' in mandarin. he nodded his head, and said 'of course of course.' he went on saying that even if i didn't need the money,i should still borrow from the government. The complains about their unfairness continued. I kept quiet not to interrupt his speech, pondering why was he so into receiving loans.The taxi gradually slowed down in front of the side gate, i bid him farewell and got out of the car, glad to be free of the carsick feeling.

I walked to my apartment, realizing that i didn't agree with the uncle at all. Surely, why fight for something that someone else needs more than u? Time to be contented no?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular Posts