Seasons change

I've been thinking a lot of about change and transition even as people around me have been going through different seasons. I went through a big change myself in the past 3 months, and looking back, those 3 months felt more like a long year! Through the challenges and disappointments, I can only say that I've learnt a few things the hard way but I am also thankful for being able to look back and be proud of certain decisions that I'd made through that time. SO here are a few things I want to share!


1. Do not expect a spiritual or emotional change if you are NOT willing to make physical changes that you have power or control over. For example, if you desire to be more positive, do not expect to be more positive by being surrounded by negative people day in day out. 

2. Do not expect from people. You might be someone who is very caring and sensitive, however do not expect other people to be the same as you or to understand how you feel. People can help and their company is great, but do not expect your healing to come from being with people. 

3. Think forward. Change is difficult because, often times, we do not like to let go of people, habits, mindsets or even pride. However, seasons come and go, in winter the leaves die off and the trees become bare, you might feel like a wavering tree in the winter but that's not you, it is just your season. Know that winter comes to spring eventually!

4. Forgive even if you cannot forget, just choose not to remember. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone is selfish. Don't be too disappointed by people because you are honestly no different even if you might feel so. If the friendship is too tiring for you, let go of it and that is okay. However, always forgive, always love, even if you will never want to live with the person or go on a holiday with them. 

5. Hold on to things that you know. Honestly, I do not know how things will turn out most of the time. Many times I hope that I could just say to a friend that he/she will definitely be okay and I am 100% sure. But the fact that I am not God doesn't allow me to say that. All I can say is, hold on to the things you know! I know that I can trust God, no matter what the outcome is, and I know that no matter what happens, He still loves me. And sometimes, that's enough for us to go on, knowing that our eternities are in His hands. 

6. Anything good is really not that great, anything bad is really not that bad. As long we are still breathing, there's always something we could do with the challenges in our lives. If there's nothing you can do except to pray, be thankful for it! Submitting your worries and problems to God is the best thing we can do.

7. Know that God's best is not your best. As much as you have great desires since forever, know that you are NOT God. Loving Jesus is not about trying to be the most successful person in the world's perspective. Of course we all want to excel in our studies, have great relationships and achieve all our dreams. However, God is more interested in humbling you and moulding you. Honestly, everything else fades away in the end. 

I know that all these things are easier said than done. Nevertheless, it is not impossible, and little steps of making simple decisions each day go a very long way. I understand how difficult it could be to move on to different seasons and to let go of the past, but you can't move on to the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one. 


Not only so, but we glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 

Romans 5:3-5

Comments

Popular Posts