Greetings from Newcastle

It's almost 2 months I have been here.
Many people asked me, "how are you settling down over there?"
I guess, it's getting better everyday =)
When I first came, I felt a bit embarrassed to speak because I didn't have the posh British accent. I was pretty quiet during the first week but I found a nice group of asian friends from my accommodation.We have been inseparable ever since the first day we met during breakfast. I often look forward to meals because I would get to meet them and talk to them about my day. The first sight of their black hair and dark brown eyes probably brought us together, but we are very much different people who simply loved each other's company. Getting to know them better each day, I really look forward to a great year ahead with them.

I was really shy in seminars though.
I often just smile or stone and stare into the space when I couldn't join conversations that went on and on and never seemed to leave enough space for me to enter. I just felt that it was rude to interrupt and I didn't have anything good to say, so I kept quiet and listen most of the time. Honestly, I have never been very keen about the seminars. But things are really getting better, I'm talking more now, although I still search my mind frantically for things to say most of the time. It's so much easier being quiet! lol.

Anyhow, I am excited about lectures and practicals because I would be with my group of good friends =) 
They were the girls whom I met on the first day I entered the dental school, I'm really grateful to have them as friends. They ask me "how are you?" almost every day and they think i'm cute? LOL. I must have given them the expression that I'm like a little girl. Of course, I tried to be friendly to other people from my course too, so I have many... "hi/bye" friends. It's okay! =D At least I tried yeah?

I also joined a band! I really have no idea how I got into a band so fast. I can only say that, God probably heard my prayer? I really love playing with the band and they are really a fun bunch of people although they taught me to scold drunk people in a British accent. (mind you, I still can't do it in a British accent). haha! 

Sometimes I really miss home and the people I've known all my life. 
Nevertheless, I'm really excited for the things to come. I really really believe that things will only get better, only because God's grace is upon my life. =)


Where are you summer? 
I think, I found you in my heart.

Comments

  1. so great to hear that u are getting better there... and u look prettier when u posted the photos everytime.. anyway take good care of yourself and becareful =) MISS you <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts