What's your calling?

I don't know about you, but I spent years trying to discover what my talent or gift was when I was younger. I knew deep in my heart that my gift was not my musical ability nor my creativity although most people assumed so. At one point of my life, I thought that I had a gift of imitating and picking things up as I see people do it. I liked to duplicate drawings because it was fun and it was cool to show them off to people. =P

Yes, I was a show off.
(actually still am.)

Anyway, I knew that there must be something that was... solely mine. Something that God must have given to me. However, I just had to wait and see. So I did, I often prayed about it and I knew that one day I would find out.

Now that I'm 20 and sounding old, I finally found out that the biggest attribute and flaw that marked me for years was my special gift. It wasn't anything to do with music, art or academics. I did not find out myself but amazing people have been telling me things out of the world. Things I have never really thought about myself, things I have never really seen in myself, things that were so obvious yet so vague to me.

It had everything to do with my enthusiasm, noisiness and over-hyperactivity that annoyed, but also brought hype to a community. I remember getting told off and getting scolded so much for talking too much to friends, laughing too loudly or doing irrational and silly stuffs at times. I remember thinking that this attribute is just horrible, it makes people think I'm crazy!

However, my friends and leaders have been so gracious and kind towards me. They helped me see from their perspective. They showed me that they really do love me for who I am. They saw my heart and they saw things that I had not seen myself. They told me that I lit up a room when I enter it. They reminded me that I brought people together and held them together in God's love. They encouraged me and believed that I was capable of so much more. They knew that I would bring a good impact no matter where I go to. They told me that I have been a leader to many...and will be one to many more. All my life, no one has ever said such wonderful things to me before. It means so much more when I know that they really do look at my heart.

I'm really amazed and grateful that God revealed all these to me.
I'm really undeserving but I have received a wonderful gift.
I want to use it for so many more greater things.
I know, I know that all glory goes to God. =)

Connecting with people does make me come alive! =)


Comments

Popular Posts